The biggest difference being each of these twenty trinkets has a magical property of some type. They could be used as normal trinkets during character generation or just found as a piece of treasure by adventurers. Game and pop culture references may be easily noticeable in some and harder in others. I had fun making these today and could literally keep going I think all the way to #100. Depending on the response to these initial twenty I may just do that!
Trinket Trove Table #1 (d20)
01. A silver ring with the name “Aleena” engraved inside. Spare the Dying as spell once per week.
02. A wooden bear toy that screams loudly when in the immediate presence of fire.
03. A blanket which makes you invisible but only when you are snoring.
04. A lucky rabbit’s foot with a “Made in Caerbannog” label. +1 AC versus diminutive creatures.
05. One sock riddled with holes which attracts vermin when worn.
06. A comb that randomly changes the hair color of anyone using it once per day.
07. A small obsidian rooster which crows loudly at dawn. Only heard by the current owner.
08. A picture amulet showing an opalescent blue altar. Provides lighting resistance 1/day underground.
09. A small demon idol with red crystal eyes that glow when in the presence of reptiles.
10. An ugly perfume box which releases monster pheromones once per week.
11. A blank coin which progressively weighs more and more in the vicinity of gold.
12. A dull spoon engraved with the name Heartseeker. Critical on a 17-20, 1d2 damage.
13. A pair of obnoxious dragon tooth cufflinks. Wearer compelled to act haughty in public.
14. A crystal cube with light trapped inside. Squeeze to illuminate a room for 1 round a day.
15. A rusty old fisherman’s hook which becomes a grappling hook when near water.
16. An antique wooden box engraved with a forest scene. Fills with chocolate treats once a week.
17. A strange mechanical eyestalk. If peered through see twice as far but speak in a staccato delivery with rising inflection for 1 hour.
18. A tiny skull themed toy castle with a hinged jawbridge. Inside are 9 miniature mundane weapons which expand to normal size if removed. Can be replaced after a long rest.
19. A tiny adamantine box of curiously strong mints. Refills every week.
20. A crumpled piece of parchment with an inked grid. Can be written on and then erased if crumpled again. 1974 charges remain.
|Need trinket ideas? Visit your local antique shop for inspiration!|