Tales from the Game Tavern is a fun creative outlet for me and as such will not adhere to a strict publishing schedule. My hope is that I will be able to release a new issue every two months but that may be ambitious. Depending on the feedback I receive from the community subscriptions may become available down the road. In terms of submissions I’m not actively looking for them now but will listen to any pitch sent to me. This includes artwork or system agnostic gaming material.
The first issue totals 28 pages and is aptly themed Halloween for the Autumn release. Inside you will find the following content:
- Flesh Golem Redux: The Brides of Frankenstein think you’re cute!
- Haunted Armor: Four pieces of protection with a tainted past.
- Tavern Ghosts: Are they just local stories or true hauntings?
- Grody the Ghoul: A low level seasonal adventure and hex crawl.
- Alien Abduction: Tables for creating an encounter of the 3rd kind!
- Malignant Scourge: Add a zombie apocalypse to your campaign.
- Game Tavern Ghoulash: A tavern favorite to cook on your own game night!
There will be a print run of 200 physical issues. The silhouette cover art for issue #1 was designed by Ike Horton Arts. As part of a promotion for the debut issue the original art will be raffled off. Each physical copy directly purchased will count as one (1) ticket for the raffle. Tentative date to announce the winner is November 1st, 2015. PDF copies purchased at RPGNow will not count as tickets.